Our Bonny-boots could toot it (Thomas Morley)
- (Posted 2011-12-20) CPDL #25188:
- Editor: James Gibb (submitted 2011-12-20). Score information: A4, 3 pages, 37 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: Reformating of #15018.
- (Posted 2007-09-11) CPDL #15018:
- Editor: Brian Russell (submitted 2007-09-11). Score information: A4, 4 pages, 37 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: NoteWorthy Composer file may be viewed and printed with NoteWorthy Composer Viewer.
Title: Our Bonny-boots could toot it
Composer: Thomas Morley
First published: 1597 in Canzonets or Litle Short Aers to Five and Six Voices, no. 9
Original text and translations
Our Bonny boots could toot it, yea and foot it.
Say, lusty lads who now shall bonnyboot it?
Who but the jolly shepherd, bonny Dorus?
He now must lead the morris dance before us.