Paris (William Billings)
- (Posted 2015-04-23) CPDL #35174:
- Editor: Barry Johnston (submitted 2015-04-23). Score information: Letter, 1 page, 56 kB Copyright: Public Domain
- Edition notes: Oval note edition. The other seven stanzas of Watts' paraphrase added below.
- (Posted 2015-04-22) CPDL #35173:
- Editor: Barry Johnston (submitted 2015-04-22). Score information: 7 x 10 in (landscape), 1 page, 64 kB Copyright: Public Domain
- Edition notes: Note shapes added (4-shape). The other seven stanzas of Watts' paraphrase added below.
Description: First published in Music In Miniature, 1779, p. 31, without words. The words to Isaac Watts' paraphrase of Psalm 147 were printed in several Boston books with this music over the next decade (Worcester Collection, Federal Harmony, etc.), strongly indicating that Billings used those words (also see Nathan 1977).
Original text and translations
Original text and translations may be found at Psalm 147.