Jump to navigation Jump to search
Aliases: Peter Phillips; Peter Phillipps; Petrus Philippus; Petro Philippi; Pietro Filippo
Born: 1561 (based on residence permit dated 4 August 1597, which gives his age as 36)
Died: 1628 (noted in an acquaintance's diary)
View the Wikipedia article on Peter Philips.
List of choral works
- Amor che voi ch'io facci
- Amor sei bei rubini
- Baciai per aver vita
- Chi vuol vedere un bosco
- Ditemi o Diva mia
- Si, mi dicesti si
- The Nightingale
- Voi volete ch'io muoia
- Wherefore sit I complaining?
Click here to search for this composer on CPDL
- Melodia Olympica (1591, reissued 1594 and 1611. Anthology edited by PP, with 4 of his compositions)
- Primo Libro de Madrigali a sei voci (1596)
- 1598:madrigals for eight voices published.
- 1603: madrigals for six voices published.
- Cantiones sacrae quinis vocibus for five voices (1612, Phalèse)
- Cantiones sacrae octonis vocibus (1613)
- Gemmulae sacrae Binis et Ternis Vocibus cum Basso Continuo Organum (1613)
- 1615: 3 Trios (without instrumentation) in L'Institution Harmonique by Salomon De Caus, Frankfurt
- 1616: Les Rossignols spirituels published, two and four-part arrangements of popular songs adapted to sacred texts in Latin and French.
- Deliciae sacrae binis et ternis vocibus cum basso continuo organum (1616)
- Litaniae Beatae Mariae Virginis (Antwerp, 1623, surviving in incomplete partbooks)
- Paradisus sacris cantionibus consitus, una, duabus et tribus vocibus decantantis (1628)
- Works by Peter Philips in the Petrucci Music Library (IMSLP)