Phillida bewailed (Giles Farnaby)
- (Posted 2011-07-27) CPDL #24002:
- Editor: James Gibb (submitted 2011-07-27). Score information: A4, 4 pages, 68 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: A reformatting of #14898, transposed down a minor third. Includes a keyboard reduction of the a cappella choral score. Revised files uploaded 03/02/19.
- (Posted 2007-09-10) CPDL #14898:
- Editor: Brian Russell (submitted 2007-09-10). Score information: A4, 3 pages, 27 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: NoteWorthy Composer file may be viewed and printed with NoteWorthy Composer Viewer.
Title: Phillida Bewailed
Composer: Giles Farnaby
Original text and translations
Phillida bewailed the want of Corydon,
and Herpulus of Phillida complained,
for Corine often would she sigh and groan,
but Herpulus that loved her she disdained,
poor Herpulus, why should not rigour move thee?
to hate her thrice,
that once disdained to love thee.