Pilgrim's Song (Oliver Holden)
- Editor: Barry Johnston (submitted 2015-07-26). Score information: Letter, 2 pages, 74 kB Copyright: Public Domain
- Edition notes: Oval note edition. Two more pairs of stanzas from Doddridge's hymn included.
- Editor: Barry Johnston (submitted 2015-07-26). Score information: 7 x 10 inches (landscape), 60 pages Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: Note shapes added (4-shape). Two more pairs of stanzas from Doddridge's hymn included. Re-formatted 2021-09-05.
Title: Pilgrim's Song
First Line: Now let our voices join
Composer: Oliver Holden
Lyricist: Philip Doddridge
Number of voices: 4vv Voicing: SATB
Genre: Sacred Meter: 66. 86 (S.M.)
Instruments: A cappella
First published: 1796 in The Union Harmony, Volume 1.2, p. 12-13
Description: Words by Philip Doddridge, published 1766, his Hymn 69, in six stanzas. Holden used stanzas one and four of Doddridge's hymn in his composition, doubling Doddridge's meter.
Original text and translations
Now let our voices join
See Salem's golden spires
Singing in the ways of God by Philip Doddridge, based on Psalm 138
- (a) Holden has "form a sacred song." (b) Doddridge has "lurking Gins."