Quem pastores laudavere a 4 with children (Michael Praetorius)
- (Posted 2019-12-29) CPDL #56439:
- german text by Praetorius:
- with traditional text (2 Pages):
- with traditional text transposed up one note (2 Pages):
- Editor: Volker Seibt (submitted 2019-12-29). Score information: A4, 3 pages, 97 kB Copyright: CC BY SA
- Edition notes: This edition contains the version by Praetorius with latin and german text and a version with different (older) text traditionally sung in Germany. The zip file contains sources used by all the above editions.
Title: Quem pastores laudavere a 4 with children
Composer: Michael Praetorius
First published: 1607 in Musae Sioniae, fünffter Theil, no. 88
2nd published: 1937 in "Musae Sioniae, fünffter Theil", No 88 from Gesamtausgabe der musikalischen Werke Michael Praetorius by Friedrich Blume
3rd published: 1949 in "Geistliches Chorlied" by Gottfried Grote, "Verlag Merseburger Berlin"
4th published: 1949 (?) in "Evangelisches Kirchengesangbuch", No 20
5th published: 1994 in "Evangelisches Gesangbuch", No 29
The editions "Geistliches Chorlied", "Evangelisches Kirchengesangbuch" and "Evangelische Gesangbuch" are using the older german translation, different from Praetorius. Description: This piece combines three older pieces into an alternating song between soloists (children), choir and parish.
- Herzog August Bibliothek Wolfenbüttel
- Pages in this source: 145 - Cantus, 320 - Quinta Vox, 510 - Altus, 652 - Sexta Vox, 801 - Tenor, 911 - Septima Vox, 1029 - Bassus
Original text and translations
Original text and translations may be found at Quem pastores laudavere.