Salvator mundi II (Thomas Tallis)
See also: Tallis's other setting of this text
- Editor: Allen Garvin (submitted 2021-11-15). Score information: Letter, 2 pages, 62 kB Copyright: CC BY NC
- Edition notes:
- Editor: James Gibb (submitted 2017-11-30). Score information: A4, 3 pages, 60 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: Reformatting of #19306, with minor corrections to the underlay. Transposed up a minor 3rd for SATTB. Note values halved. Musica ficta are editorial.
- Editor: Brian Marble (submitted 2015-06-06). Score information: Letter, 2 pages, 66 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: Arranged in D for SATB. Text underlay edited.
- Editor: David Fraser (submitted 2009-04-18). Score information: A4, 3 pages, 99 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: At original pitch for ATTBB.
- Editor: Stuart McIntosh (submitted 2002-07-08). Score information: A4, 3 pages, 116 kB Copyright: Personal
- Edition notes: Transposed up a minor 3rd for SATTB.
Title: Salvator Mundi
Composer: Thomas Tallis
First published: 1575 in Cantiones quae ab argumento sacrae vocantur, no. 21
Manuscript 1580 in Dow Partbooks, no. 43
Description: A canon (not noted in the publication of 1575) between the 1st voice and 4th voice at the octave, two semibreves apart. See When Jesus went into Simon the Pharisee's house for an English-language contrafactum of this motet.
Original text and translations
Original text and translations may be found at Salvator mundi, salva nos.