Salve Regina, Op. 48 (Louie Madrid Calleja)
- (Posted 2009-02-03) CPDL #18867:
- Editor: Louie Madrid Calleja (submitted 2009-02-03). Score information: Legal, 27 pages, 946 kB Copyright: Personal
- Edition notes: Full score.
- (Posted 2009-02-03) CPDL #18866: Score information: Letter, 10 pages, 241 kB
- Edition notes: Piano-vocal score.
- Instrumental parts:
Title: Salve Regina
Composer: Louie Madrid Calleja
Description: Written for a colleague and friend during my student days at York University, my intention was to create a sacred work that also functions as a suitable concert aria. It is an obvious fact that the challenges concerning the combination of wind symphony and soprano are vast and the original 1995 score contained certain impracticalities that I have rectified in the current version.
The original 1995 version was premiered in the same year at the Scarborough Civic Centre by Measha Bruggergosman (née Gosman) and the Northdale Concert Band under the direction of Stephen Chenette.
Northdale Concert Band (http://www.northdalemusic.com/ncb/)
Measha Brueggergosman (http://en.measha.com/)
Original text and translations
Original text and translations may be found at Salve Regina.