Save me O God (John Blow)
- (Posted 2013-09-12) CPDL #30115:
- Editor: James Gibb (submitted 2013-09-12). Score information: A4, 4 pages, 65 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: Revised files uploaded 12/05/2016.
- (Posted 2007-09-21) CPDL #15073: (Sibelius 5)
- Editor: Jonathan Goodliffe (submitted 2007-09-21). Score information: A4, 5 pages, 50 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: From Cathedral Music, Volume 2 (William Boyce). Boyce provides a continuo accompaniment (omitted here) which is probably not by Blow. The Decani and Cantoris indications may also be by Boyce.
Title: Save me O God
Composer: John Blow
Instruments: None, but probably intended to be accompanied ad lib
Description: Bar 9 "weary of crying", bar 21 "suffered reproof" and bars 27 to 30 "I wept" were examples of "Dr Blow's crudities" included by Charles Burney and criticised in his "History of Music", page 355 in the Dover edition.
Original text and translations
Original text and translations may be found at Psalm 69, verses 1, 3, 7, 10, 13 and 14.