Shall I seek to ease my grief? (Henry Lichfield)
- (Posted 2020-11-30) CPDL #61728:
- Editor: Christopher Shaw (submitted 2020-11-30). Score information: A4, 6 pages, 300 kB Copyright: Personal
- Edition notes: Includes a keyboard reduction of the a cappella choral score. Please click on the link for preview/playback/PDF download.
- (Posted 2012-01-19) CPDL #25414:
- Editor: James Gibb (submitted 2012-01-19). Score information: A4, 4 pages, 47 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: Reformating of #11184.
- (Posted 2006-03-06) CPDL #11184:
- Editor: Brian Russell (submitted 2006-03-06). Score information: A4, 5 pages, 45 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: NoteWorthy Composer file may be viewed and printed with NoteWorthy Composer Viewer.
Title: Shall I seek to ease my grief?
Composer: Henry Lichfield
First published: 1613
Original text and translations
Shall I seek to ease my grief?
No, my sight is lost with eyeing.
Shall I speak and beg relief?
No, my voice is hoarse with crying:
O, what remains but only dying?