Simkin said that Sis was fair (Giles Farnaby)
- (Posted 2011-08-01) CPDL #24076:
- Editor: James Gibb (submitted 2011-08-01). Score information: A4, 4 pages, 71 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: Reformatting of #14899, transposed down a major 3rd. Includes a keyboard reduction of the a cappella choral score.. Revised files uploaded 06/03/17.
- (Posted 2007-09-10) CPDL #14899:
- Editor: Brian Russell (submitted 2007-09-10). Score information: A4, 4 pages, 32 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: NoteWorthy Composer file may be viewed and printed with NoteWorthy Composer Viewer.
- (Posted 2005-11-14) CPDL #10106:
- Editor: Vince M. Brennan (submitted 2005-11-14). Score information: Letter, 6 pages, 52 kB Copyright: Personal
- Edition notes: Copyright (c) 2004 by V. M. Brennan
Title: Simkin said that Sis was fair
Composer: Giles Farnaby
Original text and translations
Simkin said that Sis was fair
and that he meant to love her;
he set her on his amb'ling mare,
all this he did to prove her.
When they came home, Sis floted cream,
and pour'd it throught a strainer,
but swore that Simkin should have none,
because he did, he did disdain her.