Suscipe quaeso Domine - Si enim iniquitates (Thomas Tallis)
- Editor: Allen Garvin (submitted 2021-12-19). Score information: Letter, 14 pages, 184 kB Copyright: CC BY NC
- Edition notes:
- Editor: David Fraser (submitted 2008-10-24). Score information: A4, 17 pages, 208 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: Up a minor third from written pitch for SSAATBB.
- Editor: David Fraser (submitted 2008-10-23). Score information: A4, 17 pages, 202 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: At original written pitch for AATTBBB
First published: 1575 in Cantiones quae ab argumento sacrae vocantur, no. 27-28
Description: It has been suggested that this work may have been written as a companion to the 7-part Missa Puer natus est nobis, and so to date from around 1554. However, it appears stylistically to be more closely related to Tallis's Elizabethan works, especially Spem in alium.
Original text and translations
| Latin text
Suscipe quaeso Domine vocem confitentis.
Receive, I beseech, O Lord, the voice of one who confesses.