Sweet is Thy mercy (Joseph Barnby)
- Contributor: Matthew Alan Edwards (submitted 2019-06-21). Score information: Letter, 4 pages, 2.88 MB Copyright: Public Domain
- Edition notes: Scanned score
- Editor: James Gibb (submitted 2018-10-29). Score information: A4, 4 pages, 89 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: Transcribed from the Novello edition on IMSLP.
- Editor: Ian Haslam (submitted 2012-01-31). Score information: A4, 3 pages, 44 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: Updated with corrections 2018-12-22. Score now Sibelius 8.5
Original text and translations
Sweet is Thy mercy, Lord!
Before Thy mercy seat,
My soul adoring pleads Thy word,
And owns Thy mercy sweet.
Where'er Thy Name is blest,
Where'er Thy people meet,
There I delight in Thee to rest,
And find thy mercy sweet.
Light Thou our weary way,
Lead Thou my wand'ring feet;
That while we stay on earth
we may Still find Thy mercy sweet.
Thus shall the heav'nly host,
Hear all our songs repeat,
To Father, Son, and Holy Ghost;
Thy mercy sweet,
Our joy, Thy mercy sweet.