The Knell of tyrant laws I hear (John Wall Callcott)
- CPDL #62766: (Posted 2021-02-08)
- Editor: Christopher Shaw (submitted 2021-02-08). Score information: A4, 4 pages, 220 kB Copyright: Personal
- Edition notes: Please click on the link for preview/playback/PDF download. This edition comprises both a modern realisation, and also a statement of the piece in its original specialised format.
- (Posted 2004-06-30) CPDL #07382: (Sibelius 2)
- Editor: Jonathan Goodliffe (submitted 2004-06-30). Score information: A4, 3 pages, 56 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes:
Title: Knell of tyrant laws I hear, The
Composer: John Wall Callcott
First published: 1798
Description: Catch for three voices, composed upon the occasion of Nelson's victory at the Battle of the Nile.
Original text and translations
The knell of tyrant laws I hear,
Britannia's flag triumphant rear.
Son of the Nile thy daring hand
has crushed the foe on Egypt’s strand.
Now safe from the assaults of war,
Let’s drink a health to ev’ry British tar.