The Sabbath called its children (Thurlow Weed)
- (Posted 2014-12-23) CPDL #33816:
- Editor: Thurlow Weed (submitted 2014-12-23). Score information: Letter, 1 page, 21 kB Copyright: Personal
- Edition notes:
First published: 2014
Original text and translations
1. The Sabbath called its children,
and one stood up to teach
who made the ancient longings
seem suddenly in reach.
2. A voice lashed out to counter,
awash in animus:
"Why should the High and Holy
associate with us?"
3. Compassion, was the answer,
as this man, bruised and broken,
was in that moment healed.
4. Then Jesus left the people,
amazed by what they saw,
to contemplate God's goodness
in silence and in awe.
From Songs for the Cycle ©2004 by Michael Hudson.
Church Publishing Incorporated. All rights reserved. Used by permission.