The foolish set a snare for God (Thurlow Weed)
- (Posted 2014-12-10) CPDL #33644:
- Editor: Thurlow Weed (submitted 2014-12-10). Score information: Letter, 1 page, 19 kB Copyright: Personal
- Edition notes:
First published: 2014
Description: Proper 24, Year A
Original text and translations
1. The foolish set a snare for God
with subtle, cunning thought,
and find that when the trap is sprung
it's they who have been caught.
2. So many of us come in time
to parry with the Lord,
and then, disarmed, stand face to face
with Wisdom's laughing sword.
3. A soul is wise to laugh along
discomfited by grace,
and praise the foolishness that falls
into God's shrewd embrace.
From Songs for the Cycle ©2004 by Michael Hudson.
Church Publishing Incorporated. All rights reserved. Used by permission.