Through the silence sounds a word (Thurlow Weed)
- (Posted 2014-12-09) CPDL #33623:
- Editor: Thurlow Weed (submitted 2014-12-09). Score information: Letter, 1 page, 21 kB Copyright: Personal
- Edition notes:
First published: 2014
Description: First Sunday after Christmas, Year B
Original text and translations
1. Through the silence sounds a Word,
deeply spoken, deeply heard.
Life, in every realm, is stirred
at the sounding of the Word.
2. In the darkness shines a Light,
racing through the cosmic night
ever-welcome in the Light.
3. Gift of God, robust and fresh,
wakes into a simple creche.
Worlds, once disconnected, mesh:
Christ, the word and Light, takes flesh.
From Songs for the Cycle ©2004 by Michael Hudson.
Church Publishing Incorporated. All rights reserved. Used by permission.