Tomorrow is the marriage day (Thomas Weelkes)
- (Posted 2012-01-08) CPDL #25308:
- Editor: James Gibb (submitted 2012-01-08). Score information: A4, 2 pages, 51 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: Revised files uploaded 04/06/19.
Title: Tomorrow is the marriage day
Composer: Thomas Weelkes
Original text and translations
1. Tomorrow is the marriage day
Of Mopius and fair Philliday;
Come shepherds, bring your garlands gay.
2. If love lie in so foul a nest,
And foulness on so fair a breast,
What lover may not hope the best?
3. O do not weep, fair Bellamour;
Though he be gone, there's many more,
For love has many loves in store.