Tritt auf die Glaubensbahn, BWV 152 (Johann Sebastian Bach)
- (Posted 2017-05-17) CPDL #44563:
- Contributor: Paolo Pandolfo (submitted 2017-05-17). Score information: A4, 20 pages, 700 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: A scan of the piano-vocal score by Berhard Todt.
Description: First performed 30 December 1714, the Sunday after Christmas. The BGA published it a minor 3rd lower in e minor, a plausible pitch for bass voice but taking the oboe to a low b♮. In the autograph only the continuo and voices are notated at the high-sounding Cammerthon, the other instruments are written in g minor.
- Tritt auf die Glaubensbahn at the Petrucci Music Library (IMSLP)
View the Wikipedia article on BWV 152.
- Bach-cantatas site, with links to libretto and translations.
Original text and translations
Visit the external website(s) listed above for the original text and/or translations.