Videte miraculum (Thomas Tallis)
- Editor: Jason Smart (submitted 2022-01-25). Score information: A4, 11 pages, 219 kB Copyright: CC BY NC ND
- Edition notes: Edited from the Tudor manuscript sources with plainsong incipit and verses added from the 1519 printed Sarum antiphonale. Original pitch and note values retained.
- Editor: Simon MacHale (submitted 2019-12-19). Score information: A4, 6 pages, 235 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: Original pitch and note values retained. Tenor voice has been reconstructed based on Salzinnes, CDN-Hsmu M2149.L4. Plainchant included at end of score. Musica ficta suggested.
- Editor: Diana Thompson (submitted 2008-11-12). Score information: A4, 8 pages, 85 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: Transposed up a minor third for trebles and means.
- Editor: Paul R. Marchesano (submitted 2003-11-15). Score information: Letter, 9 pages, 220 kB Copyright: Personal
- Edition notes: See discussion page for alternative interpretations (not necessarily errors).
Title: Videte miraculum
Composer: Thomas Tallis
Number of voices: 6vv Voicings: SSAATB or SATTBB
Genre: Sacred, Motet, Responsory for Candlemas
Instruments: A cappella
Manuscript ca. 1575 in The Baldwin Partbooks, no. 147
Description: A cantus firmus setting of a responsory for Vespers and Matins on the feast of the Purification.
Original text and translations
| Latin text
Respond at 1st Vespers, Purification of the BVM
Translation by Mick Swithinbank
- Translations with attribution
- Jason Smart editions
- Simon MacHale editions
- Diana Thompson editions
- Paul R. Marchesano editions
- Thomas Tallis compositions
- 6-part choral music
- Sacred music
- Works in Latin
- A cappella
- 1575 works
- Latin texts
- English translations
- Sheet music
- Renaissance music