Waterbeach (Kathryn Rose)
- Editor: Kathryn Rose (submitted 2018-07-31). Score information: A4, 1 page, 32 kB Copyright: CC BY SA
- Edition notes:
First published: 2018
Original text and translations
1. Affliction is a stormy deep,
Where wave resounds to wave;
Though o'er my head the billows roll,
I know the Lord can save.
2. The hand that now withholds my joys
Can reinstate my peace:
And He who bade the tempest roar,
Can bid that tempest cease.
3. When darkness and when sorrows rose
And pressed on every side,
The Lord has still sustained my steps,
And still has been my Guide.
4. Here will I rest, and build my hopes,
Nor murmur at His rod;
He's more than all the world to me,
My Health, my Life, my God!