What ails my darling (Thomas Morley)
- (Posted 2012-05-11) CPDL #26153:
- Editor: James Gibb (submitted 2012-05-11). Score information: A4, 3 pages, 35 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: Reformatting of #14985, with corrections.
- (Posted 2007-09-13) CPDL #14985:
- Editor: Brian Russell (submitted 2007-09-13). Score information: A4, 4 pages, 37 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: NoteWorthy Composer file may be viewed and printed with NoteWorthy Composer Viewer.
- (Posted 2000-06-21) CPDL #00983:
- Editor: Laura Conrad (submitted 2000-06-21). Score information: Letter, 6 pages, 62 kB Copyright: GnuGPL
- Edition notes: In partbook format.
Title: What ails my darling
Composer: Thomas Morley
Original text and translations
What ails my pretty darling?
What ails mine own sweet darling,
Thus sitting all alone so weary?
Say, why is my dear now not merry?
O cease thus to grieve thee,
And take this kiss here to relieve thee.
Up now, arise thee;
O how can my love lie asleeping,
And see yon lusty, lusty leaping?