What needeth all this travail (John Wilbye)
- (Posted 2011-10-01) CPDL #24642:
- Editor: James Gibb (submitted 2011-10-01). Score information: A4, 3 pages, 31 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes:
- (Posted 2009-01-31) CPDL #18807:
- Editor: Robin Doveton (submitted 2009-01-31). Score information: A4, 5 pages, 145 kB Copyright: Personal
- Edition notes: Transposed down a tone. Includes the 2nd part, O fools! can you not see.
Title: What needeth all this travail?
Composer: John Wilbye
Description: 1st part of a two-part madrigal, the 2nd part being O fools! can you not see.
Original text and translations
What needeth all this travail and turmoiling
Shortening the life's pleasure
To seek this far-fetched treasure
In those hot climates under Phoebus broiling?