You lovers that have loves astray (John Hilton the younger)
- (Posted 2011-10-09) CPDL #24684:
- Editor: James Gibb (submitted 2011-10-09). Score information: A4, 2 pages, 31 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: Reformatting of #10918. Includes a keyboard reduction of the a cappella choral score.
- (Posted 2006-02-03) CPDL #10918:
- Editor: Brian Russell (submitted 2006-02-03). Score information: A4, 2 pages, 21 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: NoteWorthy Composer file may be viewed and printed with NoteWorthy Composer Viewer.
Title: You Lovers That Have Loves Astray
Composer: John Hilton the younger
Description: The Altus part has a higher range than the Cantus in the original, so SST is a more appropriate voicing.
Original text and translations
You lovers that have loves astray,
may win them with a Fa la la,
quick music's best, for still they say
none pleaseth like your Fa la la.