Alleluia, I heard a voice (Thomas Weelkes)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Editor: Andrew Sims (submitted 2021-03-13). Score information: A4, 12 pages, 176 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: A bar-less edition of the anthem.
- Contributor: Richard Mix (submitted 2016-10-30). Score information: Letter, 5 pages, 98 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: CPDL #04717 by Stuart McIntosh transposed a tone lower for SATBB on letter size paper. Tenor m52 corrected
- Editor: Adrian Wall (submitted 2011-04-21). Score information: A4, 6 pages, 584 kB Copyright: Personal
- Edition notes: Based on #4717. Transposed up a tone for TrMATB. Underlay rationalised ("al-le-lu-i-a" throughout and various other amendments for consistency). Regular barring.
- Editor: Stuart McIntosh (submitted 2003-04-08). Score information: A4, 6 pages, 140 kB Copyright: Personal
- Edition notes: Original key, for SATBarB
- Possible error(s) identified. Error summary: Tenor last note m52 should be one note lower
Title: Alleluia, I Heard a Voice
Composer: Thomas Weelkes
Number of voices: 5vv Voicing: SATBB
Genre: Sacred, Anthem
Instruments: A cappella
Original text and translations
I heard a voice as of strong thunderings, saying, Alleluia.
Salvation and glory and honour and power
be unto the Lord our God and to the Lamb for evermore.
Source of text: Revelation 5}}