Coronation (Oliver Holden)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Editor: Andrew Sims (submitted 2022-08-28). Score information: A4, 1 page, 49 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: The hymn with harmony and underlaid words as published in The Hymnal 1982.
- Editor: Andrew Sims (submitted 2022-08-28). Score information: A4, 1 page, 96 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: The hymn as published in The Hymnal 1982, melody with words.
- Editor: Barry Johnston (submitted 2022-04-23). Score information: 7 x 10 inches (landscape), 1 page, 49 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: Transcribed from The Union Harmony, 1793. Note shapes added (4-shape).
- Editor: Ross Jallo (submitted 2011-12-14). Score information: Letter, 1 page, 37 kB Copyright: Public Domain
- Edition notes: Original key, arranged by Ross Jallo, reduced to 2 staves. Melody in the tenor.
First Line: All hail the power of Jesus' name
Composer: Oliver Holden
Lyricist: Edward Perronet
Number of voices: 4vv Voicing: SATB
Genre: Sacred Meter: 86. 86. 86
Instruments: A cappella
First published: 1793 in The Union Harmony, Volume 1, p. 89
2nd published: 1841 in Carmina Sacra (Lowell Mason), no. 112b
Description: Text by Edward Perronet, 1779-1780. Melody in the tenor. Very commonly printed (81 printings between 1793 and 1820 – The Hymn Tune Index).
Original text and translations
Original text and translations may be found at All hail the power of Jesus' name.
- Posted in August 2022
- Andrew Sims editions
- Posted in April 2022
- Barry Johnston editions
- Ross Jallo editions
- Ross Jallo arrangements
- First Lines (English)
- Oliver Holden compositions
- 4-part choral music
- Sacred music
- 86. 86. 86
- Works in English
- A cappella
- 1793 works
- 1841 works
- Sheet music
- Classical music
- Four-shape note editions