Deus tuorum militum (2nd setting) (John Sheppard)
- Editor: Jason Smart (submitted 2020-03-26). Score information: A4, 6 pages, 287 kB Copyright: CC BY NC ND
- Edition notes: Edited from the Tudor manuscript sources. Transposed down a fifth from the high clef pitch to match the standard voice ranges of Tudor church music. Note values halved.
- Editor: Jason Smart (submitted 2020-03-26). Score information: A4, 6 pages, 289 kB Copyright: CC BY NC ND
- Edition notes: The same edition as #57707, but pitched a major third higher for SAATB to suit standard modern choirs.
- Editor: David Fraser (submitted 2013-10-24). Score information: A4, 4 pages, 155 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: This edition retains the original note values and high clef pitch. The Bass part has here been reconstructed by the editors of Tudor Church Music vi, but the missing part has since been found.
Manuscript ca. 1575 in The Baldwin Partbooks, no. 83
Description: An alternatim setting (even verses) of a hymn for the Common of a Martyr. It survives with conflicting attributions to Sheppard and Tallis, but on stylistic and other grounds it is more likely to be the work of Sheppard.
Original text and translations
Original text and translations may be found at Deus tuorum militum.