Dum complerentur dies Pentecostes (Hans Leo Hassler)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Revision as of 19:56, 25 July 2021 by Claude T (talk | contribs) (→Music files: Exported PDF file as MXL one, uploaded and added link)
- Editor: Gerd Eichler (submitted 2017-05-18). Score information: A4, 6 pages, 106 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: Transcribed from original print, Mensurstrich layout, original key signature and note values, clefs modernized, musica ficta clearly marked.
- Editor: Christopher Shaw (submitted 2015-02-14). Score information: A4, 6 pages, 64 kB Copyright: Personal
- Edition notes: Please click on the link for preview/playback/PDF download. Edition offered at original pitch and also transposed up a whole tone.
Title: Dum complerentur dies Pentecostes
Composer: Hans Leo Hassler
Source of text: Acts 2:1-2
Number of voices: 8vv Voicing: SATB.SATB
Genre: Sacred, Motet for Pentecost
Instruments: A cappella
First published: 1591 in Cantiones sacrae (Hans Leo Hassler), no. 42
Description: Motet for Pentecost.
Original text and translations
Dum complerentur dies Pentecostes
erant omnes unanimiter in eodem loco,
et subito Sanctus est sonus de caelo
tanquam spiritus vehementis
et replevit totam domum,
- See also similar texts at Dum complerentur.