God so loved the world (Maggie Furtak)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Editor: Maggie Furtak (submitted 2022-04-26). Score information: Letter, 5 pages, 187 kB Copyright: Personal
- Edition notes: This arrangement is for SATB choir, a cappella, and includes a piano reduction for rehearsal.
- Editor: Maggie Furtak (submitted 2022-04-18). Score information: Letter, 6 pages, 110 kB Copyright: Personal
- Edition notes: This edition includes a piano reduction combining the original SAB vocal and cello parts.
- Editor: Maggie Furtak (submitted 2022-04-17). Score information: Letter, 5 pages, 99 kB Copyright: Personal
- Edition notes: This edition is for SAB and cello, or one hand of piano or organ.
Title: God so loved the world
Composer: Maggie Furtak
Source of text: John 3:16
Number of voices: 3, 4vv Voicings: SAB or SATB
Genre: Sacred, Anthem
First published: 2022
Description: Several arrangements are available of this piece. Soprano, alto, baritone, and cello, or one hand of piano or organ if you don't have a cellist available. SAB with piano supporting all parts and covering the original cello part. And SATB a cappella with piano reduction for rehearsal. Moderate vocal ranges in all parts make this accessible to a wide variety of choirs. Somber at the beginning and end with a spritely section in the middle.
- SAB with cello demo video https://youtu.be/j9fO50xS9iY
- SAB with piano live performance https://youtu.be/v7ELmbLoYVI
Original text and translations
Original text and translations may be found at Sic Deus dilexit mundum.