Ave verum corpus, a 5 (Josquin des Prez)
- Original key
- Editor: Charles H. Giffen (submitted 2011-01-06). Score information: Letter, 13 pages, 174 kB Copyright: Personal
- Edition notes: Minimal editorial additions restricted to inserting a missing note and missing rests from the source. Discantus (top) part lies a little low for most sopranos, and the work is better suited to AATTB voicing. Revised sound file uploaded 2013-08-27. Revised score uploaded 2013-08-27.
- Transposed edition (up a whole tone)
- Editor: Charles H. Giffen (submitted 2013-08-26). Score information: Letter, 13 pages, 173 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: Transposed up a whole tone from the original. Minimal editorial additions restricted to inserting a missing note and missing rests from the source. Revised score uploaded 2013-08-27.
Title: Ave verum corpus, á 5
Composer: Josquin des Prez
First published: 1568 in Cantiones Triginta Selectissimae, no. 26
Description: This motet is in three parts. The fifth voice (Altera vox) throughout is a canon at a perfect fifth above the Tenor part, following at three breves, two breves, and one breve in the first, second, and third parts, respectively.
Original text and translations
Original text and translations may be found at Ave verum corpus.