Bethsaida (Oliver Holden)
- Editor: Barry Johnston (submitted 2015-09-12). Score information: Letter, 1 page, 54 kB Copyright: Public Domain
- Edition notes: Oval note edition, as written in 1800. The seven other stanzas of Newton's hymn added below.
- Editor: Barry Johnston (submitted 2015-09-12). Score information: 7 x 10 in (landscape), 1 page, 58 kB Copyright: Public Domain
- Edition notes: Note shapes added (4-shape). The other seven stanzas of Newton's hymn added below.
First Line: Beside the gospel pool
Composer: Oliver Holden
Lyricist: John Newton (hymnwriter)
Number of voices: 4vv Voicing: SATB
Genre: Sacred Meter: 66. 86 (S.M.)
Instruments: A cappella
First published: 1800 in Plain Psalmody, p. 24
Description: Words by John Newton, 1779, entitled The Pool At Bethesda, with eight stanzas.
Original text and translations
1. Beside the gospel pool
4. O would the Lord appear
7. Here then, from day to day,
The Pool of Bethesda by John Newton, based on John 5:2-4)