- (Posted 2020-11-14) CPDL #61373:
- Editor: Andrew Sims (submitted 2020-11-14). Score information: A4, 1 page, 47 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: The hymn with four-part harmony and underlaid words in the version published in Hymns Ancient & Modern New Standard
- (Posted 2020-11-14) CPDL #61372:
- Editor: Andrew Sims (submitted 2020-11-14). Score information: A4, 1 page, 142 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: The hymn in the version published in Hymns Ancient & Modern New Standard, melody with words.
- (Posted 2007-10-25) CPDL #10581:
- Editor: Douglas Walczak (submitted 2007-10-25). Score information: Letter, 1 page, 59 kB Copyright: Public Domain
- Edition notes:
Title: All things bright and beautiful
Tune: Bright and Beautiful
Composer: William Henry Monk
Lyricist: Cecil Frances Alexander
Number of voices: 4vv Voicing: SATB
Genre: Sacred, Hymn Meter: 76. 76 with refrain
Instruments: A cappella
2nd published: 1983 in Hymns Ancient and Modern, New Standard, no. 116
Description: For a descant, see All things bright and beautiful (Andrew Sims).
Original text and translations
All things bright and beautiful,
All creatures great and small,
All things wise and wonderful:
The Lord God made them all.
1 Each little flower that opens,
Each little bird that sings,
He made their glowing colors,
He made their tiny wings.
2 The rich man in his castle,
The poor man at his gate,
He made them, high or lowly,
And ordered their estate.
3 The purple headed mountains,
The river running by,
The sunset and the morning
That brightens up the sky.
4 The cold wind in the winter,
The pleasant summer sun,
The ripe fruits in the garden,
He made them every one.
5 The tall trees in the greenwood,
The meadows where we play,
The rushes by the water,
To gather every day.
6 He gave us eyes to see them,
And lips that we might tell
How great is God Almighty,
Who has made all things well.