Category:16-part choral music
If a work has substantial divisi sections, then it will (or at least should) be categorized in a way that takes into account the number of parts including the divisi parts. Thus, a choral work with soprano, alto, tenor, and bass parts whose soprano and bass parts are extensively divided, should not be voiced as SATB (a subcategory of 4-part choral music); instead, it should be voiced as SSATBB (a subcategory of 6-part choral music). The most typical example of this is "SATB divisi" choral music, in which all four parts are extensively subdivided into two parts: this should be voiced as SSAATTBB, which is a subcategory of 8-part choral music (not of 4-part choral music).
This category has the following 24 subcategories, out of 24 total.
Pages in this category
The following 39 pages are in this category, out of 39 total.
- Magnificat a 4 chori con violini (Antonio Nola)
- Messa a 16 con istrumenti (Cristoforo Caresana)
- Messa in angustia pestilentiae a 16 (Orazio Benevoli)
- Messe à quatre choeurs, H.4 (Marc-Antoine Charpentier)
- Missa a 16 (Gregorio Zucchini)
- Missa Dominus Regnavit (Lambert de Sayve)
- Missa Salisburgensis (Heinrich Biber)
- Missa sine nomine (Alessandro Tadei)