Changing Seasons (Ananias Davisson)
- Editor: Barry Johnston (submitted 2017-10-27). Score information: Letter, 1 page, 52 kB Copyright: Public Domain
- Edition notes: Note heads changed to oval shapes. Four stanzas included, as in 1820.
- Editor: Barry Johnston (submitted 2017-10-27). Score information: 7 x 10 inches (landscape), 1 page, 58 kB Copyright: Public Domain
- Edition notes: Notes in four-shape format, as originally published. All four stanzas included, as in 1820.
First published: 1820 in Supplement to the Kentucky Harmony, Edition 1, p. 19
Description: A folk hymn (Jackson 1953b, no. 212). Words by an anonymous author, apparently first published with this tune in 1820, in four stanzas.
Original text and translations
1. When winter is over and spring is begun,
3. Just so in a season when conscience awakes,