Come, let us join our cheerful songs
Settings by composers
- Nathaniel Billings — New Springfield
- William Billings — Brattle Square
- William Billings — North Providence
- Thomas Clark — Come, let us join our cheerful songs (Rothbury)
- Thomas Clark — Come, let us join our cheerful songs (Wigton)
- Edward Vine Hall — Come, let us join our cheerful songs
- Oliver Holden — Commemoration
- Walter Janes — Connexion
- Jacob Kimball — Berkeley
- Benjamin Milgrove — Come, let us join our cheerful songs
- Timothy Swan — Vermont
Text and translations
1 Come, let us join our cheerful songs
With angels round the throne;
Ten thousand thousand are their tongues,
But all their joys are one.
2 "Worthy the Lamb that died," they cry,
"To be exalted thus:"
"Worthy the Lamb," our lips reply,
"For he was slain for us."
3 Jesus is worthy to receive
Honour and power divine;
And blessings more than we can give,
Be, Lord, for ever thine.
4 Let all that dwell above the sky,
And air, and earth, and seas,
Conspire to lift thy glories high,
And speak thine endless praise.
5 The whole creation join in one,
To bless the sacred name
Of him that sits upon the throne,
And to adore the Lamb.
add links here