Come with glad hearts and voices (Ludwig van Beethoven)
- Editor: Douglas Walczak (submitted 2005-12-28). Score information: A4, 2 pages, 56 kB Copyright: Personal
- Edition notes:
See notes for details and correct composer below.
Title: Come With Glad Hearts and Voices
Composer: Giovanni Paisiello
Description: Arr. by A. Bachmnn of "Nel cor piu non mi sento" from Giovanni Paisiello's opera La Molinara, the theme of Beethoven's Variations WoO 70
- first edition at Library of Congress
Original text and translations
1. Come with glad hearts and voices,
All come from far and near;
Nature itself rejoices
And heav'nly hearts appear.
Hear the glad song of triumph,
A Saviour born today!
'Tis born along by Seraph;
Come join the happy lay.
2. Come, bring your choicest off'rings,
And lay them at His feet;
Preset no sinstained gath'rings
The best are scarcely meet.
Take flowers bright and handsome,
And Ivy fresh and green,
'Twill make your church look winsome
And please yourselves, I ween.
3. With hearts brimful of loving
For all God's done for you,
And minds full bent on serving
Him and your neighbor, too.
Your gifts will be well pleasing,
And precious in His sight;
Love gets its own rewarding
In doing what is right.
4. 'Twas love moved God in pleading,
to give His only Son;
And Jesus, interceding,
Redeeming work begun;
His Love is everlasting,
So changeless, pure and free
'Twas given without asking.
Take it and happy be.