De profundis clamavi (Josquin des Prez)
- Editor: John Kelly (submitted 2019-10-06). Score information: Letter, 5 pages, 775 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: Same source as John Hetland's edition; original pitch and time values, Mensurstrich layout. Ficta by John Kelly. The "Alto" and "Tenor" parts have the same range (e - a1), so could be sung by either altos or tenors.
- Editor: John Hetland (submitted 2013-06-15). Score information: Letter, 9 pages, 854 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: Source: Das Chorwerk #33, edited by Friedrich Blume, Möseler Verlag Wolfenbüttel, 1935. Time values halved here. Translation, text underlay and musica ficta by John Hetland and The Renaissance Street Singers. This edition is SATB. 3/9/98
- Editor: Walter Thornhill (submitted 2002-11-13). Score information: Letter, 12 pages, 372 kB Copyright: Personal
- Edition notes: 2 part motet.
Title: De profundis clamavi
Composer: Josquin des Prez
Source of text: Psalm 129 (V)
Number of voices: 4vv Voicings: TTBB or SATB
Genre: Sacred, Motet
Instruments: A cappella
First published: 1539 in Psalmorum selectorum (Johannes Petreius), Tomus 2, no. 30
2nd published: 1935 in Das Chorwerk, no. 33.2
Original text and translations
Original text and translations may be found at Psalm 130.
| Latin text
De profundis clamavi ad te, Domine:
| English translation|
Out of the depths I have cried to thee, O Lord: