Ecce amica mea (Maistre Jhan)
- Editor: Mick Swithinbank (submitted 2021-11-05). Score information: A4, 9 pages, 110 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: Transposed down a minor third.
- Editor: James Gibb (submitted 2013-08-21). Score information: A4, 8 pages, 127 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: Reformating of #11017, with minor corrections, as noted on the discussion page. Revised files uploaded 3/3/18.
- Editor: Michael Wendel (submitted 2006-02-18). Score information: A4, 7 pages, 157 kB Copyright: Personal
- Edition notes: Copyright © Michael Wendel 2005, This edition may be freely duplicated, distributed, performed or recorded for non-profit performance or use.
- Possible error(s) identified. See the discussion page for full description.
Title: Ecce, amica mea
Composer: Maistre Jhan
Source of text: Song of Songs 2:8b-14, with minor alterations and insertions.
Number of voices: 4vv Voicing: SATB
Genre: Sacred, Motet
Instruments: A cappella
First published: 1538 in Triginta novem motetos habet (Buglhat, de Campis and Hucher), no. 13
2nd published: 1543 in Moralis Hispani, Edition 1, no. 24
3rd published: 1546 in Moralis Hispani, Edition 2, no. 18
Description: No. 18 of 20 motets published in 1546 in Venice by Antonio Gardano. (facsimile from the Bayerische Staatsbibliothek Munich (4° Mus.pr. 42/3)). A Song of Songs motet to the Virgin Mary.
Original text and translations
Insertions in the Vulgate text are italicised.
- Mick Swithinbank editions
- James Gibb editions
- Michael Wendel editions
- Sheet music errors
- Maistre Jhan compositions
- 4-part choral music
- Sacred music
- Works in Latin
- A cappella
- 1538 works
- 1543 works
- Works in Edition 1
- 1546 works
- Works in Edition 2
- Latin texts
- English translations
- Sheet music
- Renaissance music