Fly not so swift my dear (John Wilbye)
- Editor: James Gibb (submitted 2022-01-24). Score information: A4, 7 pages, 165 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: In original key.
- Editor: James Gibb (submitted 2011-08-19). Score information: A4, 7 pages, 166 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: Transposed down a major 3rd. Revised files uploaded 24/01/22.
- Editor: Ken Williams (submitted 2004-01-25). Score information: A4, 4 pages, 184 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes:
Title: Fly not so swift my dear
Composer: John Wilbye
Original text and translations
Fly not so swift, my dear, behold me dying,
If not a smiling glance for all my crying,
Yet kill me with thy frowns.
The Satyrs o'er the lawns full nimbly dancing,
Frisk it apace to view thy beauty's glancing.
See how they coast the downs.
Fain wouldst thou turn and yield them their delight,
But that thou fear'st lest I should steal a sight.