Jump to navigation Jump to search
Born: 23 April 1621
Died: 16 January 1676
Georg Arnold was an Austrian composer and organist. From 1649 he was court organist in Bamberg at the court of Prince-Bishop Melchior Otto Voit von Salzburg. He was charged with the restauration of the organs in Bamberg that had been destroyed in the war.
View the Wikipedia article on Georg Arnold.
List of choral works
Click here to search for this composer on CPDL
- Liber primus sacrarum cantionum de tempore et sanctis a 2. 3. 4. & 5. vocibus ac instrumentis concertantibus (Nuremberg, 1651)
- Liber I. missarum: psalmorum: et Magnificat a quinque vocibus & duobus violinis, e viola in concerto, Op. 2 (Innsbruck, 1656)
- Canzoni ariae et sonatae una, duabus, tribus & quatuor violis, cum basso generali, Op. 3 (Innsbruck, 1659)
- Liber II. sacrarum cantionum de tempore et sanctis a 4. 5. 6. & 7. vocibus ac instrumentis concertantibus, Op. 4 (Innsbruck, 1661)
- Psalmi Vespertini a 4 (Bamberg, 1663)
- Tres missae pro defunctis et alia missa laudativa à 4. 5. 7. & 3. vel 4, Op. 6 (Bamberg, 1665)
- Mottetae tredecim selectissimae de nomine Jesu, ejusque sacratissima Virgine Matre Maria (Kempten, 1672)
- Quatuor missae à 6. o. 9 (Bamberg, 1672)
- Works by Georg Arnold in the Petrucci Music Library (IMSLP)