Hymn of Praise: No. 8 - Let all men praise the Lord (Felix Mendelssohn)
- Editor: James Gibb (submitted 2013-04-25). Score information: A4, 6 pages, 69 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: English text.
- Editor: Wilbert Berendsen (submitted 2008-05-29). Score information: A4, 2 pages, 79 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: Vocal score, Dutch text. LilyPond score in PDF.
- Editor: Michael Gibson (submitted 2004-05-11). Score information: A4, 7 pages, 1.03 MB Copyright: Personal
- Edition notes: Complete piano-vocal score also available. Includes a keyboard version of the original accompaniment. English text.
Title: Hymn of Praise: #8 - Let all men praise the Lord
Composer: Felix Mendelssohn
Number of voices: 4vv Voicing: SATB
Genre: Sacred, Symphony
Languages: Dutch, English
Description: #8 of 10 sections, Final movement of symphony. The original text was in German.
Original text and translations
Let all men praise the Lord,
In worship lowly bending; On His most Holy Word,
Redeem'd from woe, depending. He gracious is and just,
From childhood us doth lead; On Him we place our trust
And hope, in time of need.
Glory and praise to God,
The Father, Son, be given, And to the Holy Ghost,
On high enthron'd in Heaven.
Praise to the Three-One God;
With power'ful arm and strong,
He changeth night to day;
Praise Him with grateful song.
- James Gibb editions
- Wilbert Berendsen editions
- Michael Gibson editions
- Editions with large score files
- Keyboard version
- Felix Mendelssohn compositions
- 4-part choral music
- Sacred music
- Works in Dutch
- Works in English
- Orchestra accompaniment
- English texts
- Sheet music
- Choral symphonies
- Romantic music