John Alcock Sr.
Born: 11 April 1715
Died: February 1806
John Alcock was a British music composer who held posts as an organist in Plymouth and Reading, before being appointed as organist of Lichfield Cathedral. After leaving Lichfield, he was appointed organist in the parish churches of Sutton Coldfield and Tamworth. His son, John Alcock Jr., was also an organist, holding that post at Walsall parish church.
View the Wikipedia article on John Alcock Sr..
List of choral works
- Here, beneath this lofty shade
- Let cheerful smiles in every face
- Nunc dimittis
- O sing unto the Lord a new song
- Out of the deep
- Soon as the genial spring
- Wherewithal shall a young man cleanse his way?
Click here to search for this composer on CPDL