Judaea et Jerusalem (Balthasar Resinarius)
- Editor: Drew Sellis (submitted 2022-07-28). Score information: A4, 4 pages, 76 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: Tranposed up a perfect fourth to be suited to an SATB choir.
- Editor: Drew Sellis (submitted 2022-07-18). Score information: A4, 4 pages, 76 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: Original pitch retained, note values halved.
- Ligatures and coloration marked with full and broken brackets respectively.
- Fermata added at the end of the second section to reflect the relative length of the breve in the original source without superfluously altering the time signature.
First published: 1544 in Responsorium numero octoginta de tempore et festis iuxta seriem totius anni, Liber 1, no. 5
Manuscript 1548 in D-ERu 473-2, no. 2
Description: A polyphonic setting of the responsory for Christmas Eve. Plainchant moves between the Tenor and Bassus parts.
Original text and translations
Judaea et Jerusalem nolite timere cras egrediemini et dominus erit vobiscum super vos.
Judaea and Jerusalem, be not afraid. Tomorrow you will go out, and the Lord will be with you, upon you.