King Herod and the Cock (Simon Biazeck)
- Editor: Simon Biazeck (submitted 2016-11-03). Score information: A4, 6 pages, 114 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes:
First published: 2016
Description: Traditional English carol arranged for Alto, Tenor & Bass voices.
Original text and translations
1. There was a star in David's land,
So bright it did appear
Into King Herod's chamber,
And brightly it shined there.
2. The Wise Men soon espied it,
And told the king on high
A princely babe was born that night,
No king could e'er destroy.
3. 'If this be true,' King Herod said,
'As thou hast told to me,
This roasted cock that lies in the dish
Shall crow full fences three.'
4. O the cock soon thrustened and feathered well,
By the work of God's own hand,
And he did crow full fences three
In the dish where he did stand.