King of glory, King of peace (Joseph David Jones)
- (Posted 2020-11-25) CPDL #61665:
- Editor: Andrew Sims (submitted 2020-11-25). Score information: A4, 1 page, 45 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: The hymn with four-part harmony and underlaid words in the version published in Hymns Ancient & Modern New Standard
- (Posted 2020-11-25) CPDL #61664:
- Editor: Andrew Sims (submitted 2020-11-25). Score information: A4, 1 page, 104 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: The hymn in the version published in Hymns Ancient & Modern New Standard, melody with words.
External websites: https://embassysingers.de/scores/hymns.html
Original text and translations
King of glory, King of peace,
I will love thee;
and, that love may never cease,
I will move thee.
Thou hast granted my request,
thou hast heard me;
thou didst note my working breast,
thou hast spared me.
Wherefore with my utmost art
I will sing thee,
and the cream of all my heart
I will bring thee.
Though my sins against me cried,
thou didst clear me,
and alone, when they replied,
thou didst hear me.
Seven whole days, not one in seven,
I will praise thee;
in my heart, though not in heaven,
I can raise thee.
Small it is, in this poor sort
to enrol thee:
e’en eternity’s too short
to extol thee.