Man that is born of a woman (Thomas Morley)
- Editor: James Gibb (submitted 2014-01-10). Score information: A4, 4 pages, 53 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: #25837, transposed up a minor 3rd.
- Editor: James Gibb (submitted 2012-03-31). Score information: A4, 4 pages, 40 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: Reformatting of #406, with several corrections to the underlay.
- Editor: John Henry Fowler (submitted 1999-10-26). Score information: Letter, 6 pages, 130 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes:
Title: Second Dirge Anthem (Man that is born of a woman)
Composer: Thomas Morley
Original text and translations
Man that is born of a woman hath but a short time to live, and is full of misery.
He cometh up, and is cut down like a flower;
He fleeth as it were a shadow, and never continueth in one stay.
In the midst of life we are in death:
Of whom may we seek for succour, but of Thee, O Lord,
Who for our sins art justly displeased?
Yet, O Lord God most holy, O Lord most mighty,
O holy and most merciful Saviour,
Deliver us not into the bitter pains of eternal death.