My breast I'll set upon a silver stream (John Ward)
- Editor: Robert Bolyard (submitted 2018-07-11). Score information: Letter, 6 pages, 65 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: Reformating of #9281 and #25333, with note correction from discussion page.
- Editor: James Gibb (submitted 2012-01-10). Score information: A4, 4 pages, 46 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: Reformating of #9281.
- Editor: Brian Russell (submitted 2005-08-30). Score information: A4, 5 pages, 45 kB Copyright: Personal
- Edition notes:
Title: My breast I'll set upon a silver stream
Composer: John Ward
Original text and translations
My breast I'll set upon a silver stream,
and swim unto Elysium's lily fields:
There in Ambrosian trees, I'll write a theme,
Of all the woeful sighs my sorrow yields.
A heavy, sad and swanlike song sing I,
To ease my heart awhile before I die.