My heart is inditing (George Frideric Handel)
- Editor: John Christensen (submitted 2022-05-25). Score information: A4, 9 pages, 402 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: "Upon Thy Right Hand"; SAATB; English and German
- Editor: Arie Fokkens (submitted 2007-09-24). Score information: A4, 38 pages, 376 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: Full score, vocal score with keyboard reduction and instrumental parts available. Instrumental parts are packed in one zip file (6,5 Mbytes)
- Editor: Michael Gibson (submitted 2004-04-08). Score information: A4, 37 pages, 1.58 MB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: Vocal score with keyboard reduction. Large file (1.6 Mbytes), 4 movements, 4 midi files are zipped into one file.
First published: 1743 in Coronation Anthems, no. 4
Description: Composed for the coronation of King George II and Queen Caroline it was first performed on 11 October 1727 in Westminster Abbey during the coronation of the Queen.
- Free choir training aids for this work are available at Choralia.
Original text and translations
My heart is inditing of a good matter:
I speak of the things which I have made unto the King.
Kings daughters were among thy honourable women
Upon thy right hand did stand the Queen in vesture of gold
and the King shall have pleasure in thy beauty.
Kings shall be thy nursing fathers
and queens thy nursing mothers.