Myles Birket Foster
Born: 28 November 1851
Died: 18 December 1922
Son of the artist Myles Birket Foster, Foster attended Guildford Grammar School. He subsequently enrolled at the Royal Academy of Music and played the organ at St. James Church, Marylebone, and St. George’s, Campden Hill. From 1880-92 he was organist at the Foundling Hospital and at Her Majesty’s Theatre, and was choirmaster of St. James, Holborn. He composed children’s cantatas and much church music. (Information from Hymnary.org)
View the Wikipedia article on Myles Birket Foster.
List of choral works
- As it began to dawn
- Be glad and rejoice
- Great is our Lord
- Hark the glad sound
- Hearken unto me, ye that know righteousness
- If ye then be risen with Christ
- Jesus lives!
- Let not your heart be troubled
- O come, let us sing
- O God, who is like unto Thee!
- O God, whose will is life and good
- Oh! for a closer walk with God
- The night is far spent
- There were shepherds
- When the Sabbath was past
- Why seek ye the living among the dead
Click here to search for this composer on CPDL