Praeter rerum seriem (Josquin des Prez)
- Editor: Gordon J. Callon (submitted 2017-11-16). Score information: Letter, 10 pages, 208 kB Copyright: CC BY NC
- Edition notes: at original pitch and original note values; ligatures indicated by horizontal brackets; editorial text in italic font
- Editor: Sabine Cassola (submitted 2004-01-05). Score information: A4, 9 pages, 228 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes:
- Editor: Philip Legge (submitted 2000-10-12). Score information: A4, 7 pages, 132 kB Copyright: Personal
- Edition notes: transposed a tone higher than original written pitch. Revised 3 November 2001.
Title: Præter rerum seriem (Secunda pars: Virtus sancti spiritus)
Composer: Josquin des Prez
First published: 1520 in Liber selectarum cantionum (Grimm & Wirsung), no. 2, p. 14
2nd published: 1537 in Novum et insigne opus musicum (Ott and Formschneider), Volume 1, no. 4
3rd published: 1558 in Novum et insigne opus musicum (Berg and Neuber), Volume 1, no. 3
4th published: 1932 in Das Chorwerk, no. 18.4
Description: Motet in two parts, based on the Latin hymn of the same title. It served as the model for parodies by Lassus (Magnificat Praeter rerum seriem) and Rore, (Missa Praeter rerum seriem a 7).
Text and translations
Original text and translations may be found at Praeter rerum seriem.